Friday, May 2, 2008

24 Weeks and counting

We had another ultrasound this morning! The sonographer took measurements of the baby and he's doing growing right on schedule- actually a little ahead of schedule. He's measuring at 24w5d and weighs 1 lb 11 oz already. Our little guy was a bit camera shy, and wouldn't let the tech get close shots of his face. He kept putting his arms and hands up in front of his face, just like last time.

Next, the sonographer checked the progress of my placenta since the doctor was slightly concerned it was too low. We'll find out what the status is at our next routine check-up on the 20th. She printed out a bunch more pictures for us to put in the baby album and downloaded a few images onto a CD.

I can't believe I'm nearly done with my second trimester. It still seems so far away until our son enters the world, but that countdown on the top of the blog is getting close to double digits. My belly appears to grow by the day now and it's becoming harder to bend down. It's a challenge to find tops that cover my entire tummy!


Overall, pregnancy is treating me well. We are truly blessed with this little miracle God has given to us. I think about the kind of person he'll grow up to be often. I daydream about holding him in my arms for the first time and wonder what features of mine and Gregg's he'll have. For now, he still remains "nameless" as we continue to discuss what we should name him. We each have our favorites, and a "compromise name" picked out, but nothing is settled yet. 16 more weeks to decide! Go ahead, use the comments section and let us know what names you suggest. : -) Maybe you'll be surprised to find out Baby "B" is named a name that you choose.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Happy Mother's Day, Marisa!!!!